The connections, industry knowledge, and buying opportunities that only IAAPA can provide, all came together during IAAPA Expo Asia 2019 this week in Shanghai, China.
IAAPA Expo Asia 2019 (formerly Asian Attractions Expo) featured the largest trade show floor in the Expo’s 21-year history as 429 companies from around the globe showcased innovative new products and services across 13,302 net square meters (34,500 gross square meters) in the Shanghai New International Expo Centre.
Demonstrating the continued growth and strength of the attractions industry throughout Asia – and the rest of the world – preliminary estimates indicate 11,400 industry professionals from 80 countries, including 8,100 qualified buyers participated in IAAPA Expo Asia. The total number of buyers in attendance represents a 25 percent increase over last year’s Expo in Hong Kong.
Expo education conference speakers, and industry experts from 10 countries led sessions on attractions safety, operations, employee engagement, trends, best practices, and more.
“IAAPA Expo Asia 2019 exceeded our expectations,” said IAAPA president and CEO Hal McEvoy, “Attendees from all over the world came together in Shanghai to discover innovative new ways to grow their businesses.”
“We are proud to provide IAAPA Expo Asia – the exclusive event for attractions industry professionals in this region,” added June Ko, executive director, IAAPA Asia Pacific. “IAAPA hosts world-class events where industry professionals learn from each other and implement these new ideas at their companies, parks, and attractions.”
IAAPA Expo Asia 2019 by the numbers
- 429 companies showcased new and innovative products and services across 13,302 net square meters (34,500 gross square meters) of space on the trade show floor.
- 1,324 people took part in the Expo’s education conference. 43 people participated in the IAAPA Institute for Attractions Managers and 64 attended the IAAPA Safety Institute.
- 750 people attended the Opening Ceremony which featured entertainment from Shanghai Disney Resort and a traditional Chinese dance performance.
- 700 people participated in the sold-out Opening Night Reception at Haichang Ocean Park.
- 300 people attended the sold-out Leadership Breakfast, featuring a keynote presentation from Joe Schott, president and general manager of Shanghai Disney Resort.
- 119 people attended the Lunch and Learn event featuring Michael Croaker, head of entertainment for Village Roadshow Theme Parks.
- 68 people attended the Young Professionals Reception at the Shanghai Dungeon.
- 236 attendees attended in education tours of popular Shanghai attractions.
- 51 people participated in the EDUTour to Hello Kitty Shanghai Times
- 29 people participated in the EDUTour to the Shanghai Natural History Museum
- 101 people participated in the EDUTour of Safety and Environmental Affairs at Shanghai Disney Resort; and
- o 55 people participated in the EDUTour Food and Beverage, Safety, and Service at Shanghai Disney Resort.
IAAPA Expo Asia 2019 sponsors included: APEX Parks and Entertainment Services, Brogent Technologies, Inc., DOF Robotik A.S., Simtec Asia Co., Ltd., Vekoma Rides Manufacturing B.V., EagleVision Entertainment Studios, Gateway Ticketing Systems, Inc., Kraftwerk, PGAV Destinations, PicSolve International Ltd., Pictureworks Pte Ltd, ProSlide Technology, Wärtsilä Entertainment, accesso, iPlayCO, JRA, Legacy Entertainment, Polin Waterparks, The Producers Group, VAHLE, and WhiteWater.
IAAPA Expo Asia 2020 will be held in Macau, China, 8-11 June 2020. Advance exhibit sales are strong, and more than 250 companies have already reserved over 9,173 net square meters (23,090 gross square meters) for the Expo. Exhibitor information is available on the IAAPA website. Detailed information about IAAPA Expo Asia 2020 will be added later this year.
IAAPA Expo Asia is owned and produced by IAAPA, the global association for the attractions industry.