The International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA) shattered records this week at IAAPA Attractions Expo 2018 with the highest attendance and largest trade show floor in the event’s history. A record 42,000 registered attractions industry professionals gathered in Orlando to learn, buy, and network during the association’s 100thanniversary celebration. The premier conference and trade show for the global attractions industry took place Nov. 12-16 at the Orange County Convention Centre.
Attractions industry professionals from around the world came together to discover the latest products and technologies on the trade show floor, learn from world-renowned industry experts during the education conference, and build connections with attractions industry colleagues. The largest trade show floor in Expo history also featured the new Exploration Station, a custom-built outdoor structure with more than 140 exhibitors. The five-day Expo pumped an estimated $77.2 million into the Orlando-area economy.
“There is no better way to celebrate IAAPA’s centennial anniversary than with a remarkable and record-breaking Expo,” said Hal McEvoy, IAAPA president and CEO. “IAAPA’s mission is to connect attractions professionals with each other and with new and innovative ideas. All that and much more happened here in Orlando. It’s been an incredible week!”
At this year’s Kickoff Event, IAAPA also revealed its new logo and brand that will officially debut on 1 January 2019.
IAAPA Attractions Expo 2018 in numbers
- 1,151 companies displayed innovative new products and services on 600,375 net square feet of trade show floor space, including the new Exploration Station outdoor structure.
- 6,600 qualified buyers from around the world, including executives from amusement parks, water parks, family entertainment centres (FECs), zoos, aquariums, museums, science centres, resorts, and attractions participated in the Expo.
- 15,128 people participated in 149 education experiences which included multiple-day institutes and symposia, behind-the-scenes EDUTours at area attractions, panel and roundtable discussions, and constituency lunches.
The following industry awards were presented at IAAPA Attractions Expo 2018:
- IAAPA Hall of Fame Awards (worldwide industry pioneers and innovators)
- IAAPA Service Awards (service to IAAPA and the industry)
- IAAPA Brass Ring Awards (excellence in marketing, retail, live entertainment, human resources, food and beverage, top family entertainment centers, new products, and best exhibits)