Grupo Xcaret, the leader in sustainable tourism in the Mexican Caribbean, announced it will gradually resume operations starting June 15 with the reopening of Xcaret Park and Hotel Xcaret Mexico. The company also disclosed its robust safety and hygiene protocols to prevent the spread of SARS-CoV-2 (Covid-19) and ensure the well-being of visitors, guests, employees and suppliers. Grupo Xcaret’s protocols, named 360 Xafety and which include 1,300 specific actions, were developed in consultation with national and international organizations. Grupo Xcaret is a member of the Board of Affiliates of the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), and has worked together with them to strengthen their recovery guidelines and recommendations. Grupo Xcaret is also part of the task force assembled by the Global Association for the Attractions Industry (IAAPA) to develop their reopening guidance document.
“People are at the center of Grupo Xcaret’s business model, and safeguarding their safety is one of the main pillars that support our enhanced safety reopening protocols. We are aware of the challenges that the tourism industry faces in regaining travelers trust and believe that the first step is being completely transparent about the measures we are taking to protect them,” said Miguel Quintana, CEO of Grupo Xcaret. “To this end, our open access protocols will be available on our website, not only for potential visitors but for other tourism providers that can use them as guidelines in creating or adapting their own,” he added.
Some of the measures that Grupo Xcaret will carry out include:
- During the first phase of reopening, limiting to 50 percent the occupancy of Xcaret Park and Hotel Xcaret Mexico, as well as transportation services to allow space for social distancing.
- Temperature checks, through touchless digital devices, of every person entering the facilities and transportation units.
- The use of masks will be strongly suggested to all park visitors and hotel guests.
- Encouraging credit card and online payments to reduce physical contact with ticket booth staff.
- Disinfecting high contact surfaces up to every 30 minutes with EPA approved broad spectrum and long-lasting residual effect products.
- Disinfecting the hotel’s guest rooms twice a day.
- Disinfecting luggage, handbags, and strollers of hotel and tours guests.
- Limiting capacity of restaurants to allow social distancing.
- Temporarily converting all self-service food stations to assisted buffet service.
- Bathroom, showers, and dressing rooms cleaning procedures will use hospital-grade approved products.
Grupo Xcaret’s Covid-19 measures reinforce the brand’s commitment to excellence for over 30 years. Both the hotel and parks have several certifications, such as the Cristal International Standards, an organization specializing in risk management and quality control, or the Distintivo H given by the Mexican Standardization and Certification Institute, which recognizes food and beverage establishments that comply with its hygiene standards. Hotel Xcaret Mexico is also part of the select 1 percent of worldwide hotels accredited with the AAA Five Diamonds.
Grupo Xcaret will gradually restart operations of the other parks and tours on Wednesday July 1st as it continues to closely monitor the evolution of SARS-CoV-2 (Covid-19) and follows government recommendations.
Safety is a priority at Grupo Xcaret, that is why all the cleaning and disinfecting products used at all Xcaret facilities are biodegradable, complying with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) standards and have been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
The complete protocols being implemented are available at: https://www.xcaret.com/en/sanity-protocols-grupo-xcaret/