Kalahari Resorts and Conventions officially broke ground on the company’s fourth property in Round Rock, Texas on May 15, 2018. Scheduled to open in 2020, the Round Rock property will mark the Kalahari’s first expansion into the Southwest. The location will include nearly 1,000 guest rooms, America’s Largest Indoor Waterpark, outdoor waterpark experiences, an expansive convention centre, Tom Foolery’s Adventure Park, world-class dining, a full-service spa and diverse shopping options.
Scheduled to open in 2020, Kalahari Resorts Round Rock is a $550 million, 350-acre complex in the city of Round Rock, Texas. The ground breaking means construction is fully underway for the project, which will include:
- Nearly 1,000 guest rooms including 1-, 2- and 3-bedroom suites, featuring residential Suites
- America’s Largest Indoor Waterpark – 223,000 sq. ft.
- State-of-the-Art Convention Centre – 200,000 sq. ft.
- Tom Foolery’s Adventure Park – spanning more than 80,000 sq. ft. of thrill rides, ropes course, climbing walls, indoor zip line, bowling, laser tag, mini-golf and more
- Outdoor pools spanning three acres
- Five restaurants including Kalahari’s signature steakhouse, Italian and Tex-Mex experience
- Spa Kalahari and Salon
- 10,000 sq. ft. of retail space
“Kalahari is thrilled to bring our authentic African resort experience to the South,” says Todd Nelson, owner, Kalahari Resorts and Conventions. “As the Round Rock property begins construction, we look forward to contributing to the local economy and sharing our beyond-expectations approach to hospitality with area vacation goers, conference attendees and local guests throughout the region.”
Once completed, the Round Rock property will showcase a beyond-expectations experience for guests, convention attendees and locals to the Round Rock community. The state-of-the-art convention centre will span 220,000 sq. ft. and include 40,000-sq.-ft. and 27,000-sq.-ft. ballrooms, 16 meeting rooms, a full-service business centre and 50,000 sq. ft. of outdoor event space.
“We really pride ourselves on being good neighbours to the communities that Kalahari calls home,” Nelson said. “When we design our resorts, we stay focused on adding amenities that everyone can experience and enjoy – not only our overnight guests.”