Birmingham-based family travel website, www.dayoutwiththekids.co.uk, is celebrating 12 months of success, after welcoming 26 million website visitors over the past year.
Following the new website and brand relaunch in January 2017, the company reported today that it has become the biggest website for family days out in the UK, also boasting the most engaged social media community in the sector.
The past year has also been the start of exciting partnerships with leading attractions and family brands, including Go Ape, West Midlands Safari Park and Smyths Toy Superstores.
Top viewed categories in 2017:
- Sightseeing (7.9 million)
- Sports and Activities (7.7 million)
- Adventure (5.3 million)
Top viewed sub-categories in 2017:
- Indoor and soft play areas (3.7 million)
- Parks and playgrounds (3.3 million)
- Children’s Farms (2.6 million)
2018 industry predictions
- More focus on ‘added value’, looking for ways to add new features at a low cost. Think lots of activities under one roof, like mini-golf at a farm park, or laser tag with bowling.
- Live entertainment shows, especially featuring licensed characters. Great for additional revenue, and easier to update as trends emerge – lower cost than a new themed ride or zone, but with widespread appeal to family audiences and increased repeat visits.
- Augmented and virtual reality experiences are set to become more mainstream, helping to enhance visitor experience.
- Extended stay packages set to emerge, with more attractions offering accommodation to help extend visitor stay and increase revenue.
Since its relaunch, the brand has tripled its team of staff, and 2018 will also see the company moving to its new office in Birmingham alongside its sister company, Attraction World Group, as well as a new product launch designed to give members exciting benefits with selected partners.
Paul Stobbs, CEO at www.dayoutwiththekids.co.uk, said: “The past 12 months have given us a really solid foundation for growth, and we’re really excited that over 17 million families have put their trust in us to find great days out this year.”