Alton Towers Resort has announced it will be opening its gates from Saturday 4th July. The announcement follows the successful opening of the Alton Towers Gardens on 6th June and is in line with the UK Government’s latest guidance on the reopening of visitor attractions and hospitality businesses.
The Theme Park will reopen with the majority of outdoor rides and attractions. There will be restrictions on the number of guests able to visit the theme park each day, to ensure guests on the park have the best possible experience and social distancing can be maintained.
A full overview of the range of safety and hygiene measures that have been implemented ahead of reopening can be found here. Measures include:
- Pre-booking tickets: All guests to pre-book tickets online in advance of their visit to enable capacity control
- Thermometer checks: To be safely admitted into the Resort, employees and guests will be asked to participate in a temperature check using a non-touch thermometer
- Face coverings: Guests over the age of 6 will be asked to wear face coverings or masks on some of our rides and rollercoasters
- Cleaning protocols: Enhanced cleaning, hygiene stations and additional hand sanitiser at key locations
- Distance markers: The provision of spatial separation markings and other similar operating adjustments around the attraction, with the inclusion of all rides
- Use of PPE: Additional Personal Protective Equipment and clothing for all staff
Though some indoor attractions will remain closed until further notice, Alton Towers Resort is set within 550 acres of beautiful landscaped gardens, which guests have been enjoying since they opened to visitors on 6th June, meaning there is plenty of green space for visitors to enjoy in their household groups whilst maintaining a safe distance from other families.
Emma Catterall, Divisional Director at Alton Towers Resort, said: “It is fantastic that we can now confirm that our Theme Park and Accommodation will reopen from 4th July. We can’t wait to get back to doing what we do best, and we’re working hard to make sure that we’re implementing the new hygiene and distancing measures in a way that will still allow our guests to enjoy a memorable, fun visit to Alton Towers Resort.”
The Resort’s hotels and accommodation with also reopen from 4th July following yesterday’s Government update. Similar hygiene and social distancing measures will be in place within the accommodation, which will be initially reopening with reduced capacity.